What are they?
Also called Forever florals, they are REAL flowers that are dried and/or preserved to use as interior decoration that is more sustainable then cut flowers.
My arrangements, wall art, bunches and wreaths are handmade in Perth by myself selecting local, and international product.
How long do they last?
They will last at least 12 month, but with good care many more years, please refer to Care Instructions provided below.
- Do not water
- Not suitable for humid environments like kitchens/bathrooms. In coastal or rainy areas, keep them away from vents/heaters.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. This can speed up fading of colours and can make them brittle faster.
- Preserved flowers and foliage are delicate and should be handled with care. Do not bend, squash or press the petals, leaves and stems.
- If you notice a drop of dark liquid forming on foliage’s, this is normal and is the glycerine expelling especially in a change of weather. Simply wipe it off with a tissue.
- If dusty, use a hairdryer on low and cold to gently blow away dust.
- If you are using your forever wreath on your front door during the festive season spray with UV protectant each year to prolong its life, but fading and deterioration will occur.
- Do not use outside if exposed to the elements, some dyes are not waterproof and will start leaking colour if wet.
- If you have an issue with pantry moths and other insects, please be vigilant as some species find dried flowers especially tasty.